Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mobile phone prepaid simcard..?

Hey,





I got this phone that works with a tiny little plastic card that goes under the battery in (some of them) mobile phones, also know as the Simcard. Well since most of the american phones does not work with a replacable simcard was i wondering if i can just buy a Sim Only or a cheap phone that works with a prepaid sim card. I already have a phone (I came from Europe but It does work here!!) so I only need just a simcard on which i can put prepaid money (plastic cards from wal-mart for example). I don't need any annual plans or something because it is only for 6 months.


Is this possible?


I have been to a couple of hardware stores like Best Buy but they seems not to know what i`m looking for....


I would like to use Alltel or AT%26amp;T as carrier..





thanks!!

Mobile phone prepaid simcard..?
Its not just a question of Sim card. You have to sign with a carrier, usually they wont let you have less than a year contract. Also check your phone model, as the US uses a different frequency than European GSM, the only Phones from Europe that work in the US are Quad Band GSM/GPRS. Check your users manual or phone manufactures page for this info,
Reply:If your phone is unlocked and you said it works here - yes, you can just buy a sim card. No need to buy a new phone. I have a quad band int'l phone and I just bought a sim card at the T-Mobile kiosk. Paid $40 for the sim card and free 300 minutes. Then I just buy a refill card (prepaid cards) as they call it here to load more minutes. They range from $10 - $100. I only pay for the minutes used. But remember, incoming texts and calls are also charged. They have different prepaid cards plans also.


No comments:

Post a Comment